Flexibility Research Service
About the service
The energy system is at an inflection point in what is a once-in-a-generation transition: heating and transport are being electrified, the evening TV pickup disrupted by unlimited streaming, and the role of large incumbents is changing as electricity supply moves from large, centralised polluting stations to smaller renewable generation.
Meanwhile, retailers that once had end to end control are now being disintermediated as buyers expect greater transparency of supply prices and access to markets.
Consequently, demand for energy has never been more unpredictable, and forecasting and managing imbalances between supply and demand has become one of the greatest challenges of new energy. As we’re witnessing in many areas of the energy transition however, challenges also present opportunities, and the need for flexibility has never been greater.
Delta-EE’s Flexibility Research Service provides data, analysis and opinion that enable you to identify, understand and harness the growing opportunities presented by the demand for flexibility.
“Flexibility is a rapidly growing part of our energy systems, and is set to play a major role in the transition to new energy. Advances in technology, data analytics and electricity market regulation are opening a wide array of opportunities across many different value streams.
Companies are responding by developing a range of products, business models and partnerships to better position themselves in this complex and dynamic market.”
Service brochure and research highlights
Delta EE - Your Partners in Flexibilty Insight
Flexibility is at the centre of many questions and concerns surrounding the energy transition. Our comprehensive expert insight and research explores key considerations, such as:
- Where is the value for demand-side flexibility and how will this change?
- What are the most lucrative emerging opportunities for flexibility?
- How are changing policy and regulations influencing these opportunities for flexibility?
- How are value streams for demand-side flexibility evolving, and how are they being stacked?
- What are the business models for demand-side flexibility and how are they evolving?
- Which business models will enable us to succeed?
- What technologies – software, hardware, platforms and data analytics – do we require to be successful?
- What are competitors using?
- As the market becomes more crowded, how are companies differentiating their propositions?
- Business model to business case: should we invest?
- What are the contracts and penalties?
- How can customers be incentivised?
- How will the demand-side flexibility ecosystem evolve, and who should we partner with?
- How are platforms communicating with distributed assets, and where is this headed?
- To what degree are closed protocols hindering the market, and how quickly will they open up?
- What are the requirements for ancillary services in different countries, and what can be learned?
Whether it’s network operators needing flexibility, aggregators and retailers wanting to engage new customers, or manufacturers trying to understand the new business models enabled by the need for demand-side flexibility, we work with you to inform your business decisions.
Essential Flexibility Intelligence at Your Fingertips
By working with our clients on a subscription basis, the full breadth of our extensive research and insight is simple and intuitive to access.
As part of the subscription, you will receive:
Resources available in the subscription
Thoroughly researched reports on the most important connected home and smart home developments.
Reactive, insightful reports from our industry experts exploring the latest connected home news and events.
The data you need to make the best decisions for your business, including customer research and company profiles.
Company & Project Profiles
Case studies investigating the business models and customer propositions of companies in the energy space.
Ad hoc support from our expert team of analysts.
New Energy Summit
Priority entry to our New Energy Summit, giving you the chance to network and learn from industry experts.
Ancillary Prices Database
The electricity system is continually changing, be that from the ways electricity is used by consumers, to the switch from large power stations to a wider variety of energy sources.
These factors, and the increase of weather-dependent renewable energy sources, has meant there is a greater need for ancillary services to keep the grid stable.
Our exclusive ancillary prices database provides:
- Details on all the ancillary services.
- Prices in €/MW/h, per service, per country, per year.
- Specific monthly and weekly data since 2013.
- The above information for Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, UK, Ireland, Netherlands and Switzerland
At the forefront of Flexibility Research
Clients & Partners
Who we work with
Our research benefits a wide range of industries and organisations, including, but not limited to: