Distribution Network Service
About the service
Distribution networks in Europe are entering a new era, with the nature of their businesses changing radically as a result of the energy transition. The integration of distributed renewable generation in their networks, while at the same time accommodating the increasing electrification of heat and transport, means that Distribution System Operators can no longer rely on their conventional toolkits and way of operation.
Delta-EE’s Distribution Network Service monitors the developments around the DSO transition in Europe, identifying and investigating key issues and synthesising best practice for the role that network companies can and need to play in the energy transition.
“The role of electricity and gas distribution networks is evolving fast as the energy transition gathers pace. As we move to a more distributed and electrified energy system, distribution networks are moving more and more into the spotlight.
Distribution networks have growing interfaces with customers and distributed assets, the transmission system, and even electricity markets.
Technical advances are unlocking a wave of new network services and solutions; all at a time when there are decreasing numbers of engineers in many countries.”
Service brochure and research highlights
Delta-EE: Your partners in Distribution Networks Research
The future of distribution networks is at the centre of many questions and concerns surrounding the energy transition. Our comprehensive expert insight and research explores key considerations, such as:
- Smart grids: developments in neural networks, self-organising clusters, artificial intelligence, sensing technology
- Transactive energy: how to manage interfaces with customers and their distributed assets, together with interfaces with the transmission system.
- Price signals, tariffs, market facilitation.
- Planning and designing local infrastructure and distributed assets: what is the role for network companies in spatial planning of networks, integrated planning across energy vectors, and for key loads (such as data centres or charging hubs).
- Operational excellence: in an environment of growing demands on network businesses but a shortage of skills, how can processes be simplified and AI/ML/VR/robotics be effectively used?
- Evolving roles and business models for DSOs: what are the future possible roles for distribution network companies in a world of local energy communities, smart buildings, smart cities, and a highly decentralised electricity system.
Whether you’re working within an electricity network and want to understand the role that hydrogen and electrolysers can play in balancing the grid, or a strategic analyst looking for deep sector insight and knowledge to understand how the value chain is developing, we will work with you to find the answers.
Essential distribution network intelligence at your fingertips
By working with our clients on a subscription basis, the full breadth of our extensive research and insight is simple and intuitive to access.
As part of the subscription, you will receive:
Resources available in the subscription
Thoroughly researched reports on the most important distribution networks developments.
Reactive reports from our industry experts exploring the latest distribution networks news and events.
The data you need to make the best decisions for your business, including customer research and company profiles.
Company & Project Profiles
Case studies investigating the business models and customer propositions of companies in the energy space.
Ad hoc support from our expert team of analysts.
New Energy Summit
Priority entry to our New Energy Summit, giving you the chance to network and learn from industry experts.
Clients & Partners
Who we work with
Our research benefits a wide range of industries and organisations, including, but not limited to: