New Energy Business Models Research
Understand, identify and take forward the most promising commercial opportunities from the increasing disruption in the energy sector
"Europe’s energy transition is gathering pace, driven by the urgent need to decarbonise, the growing volumes of distributed generation, the rise of prosumers and the rapid advancement of digital technologies.
Change, disruption and opportunity abound. Energy companies face declining profit margins, rising customer expectations and increasing competition from agile, technology-led start-ups.
Identifying, developing and growing new business models is a huge challenge – but is vital to success and even the continued existence of energy companies."
Andy Bradley, Director
- How are innovative propositions gaining traction in the market?
- How can emerging technologies be used to deliver compelling new business models?
- In what ways are customer expectations changing and what does this mean for my business?
- How quickly will the energy transition progress, and where is the value emerging?
- How are others - from incumbents to new entrants - responding to the threats and capturing opportunities?
Delta-EE's New Energy Business Model Service enables you to understand and identify the most promising opportunities and business models in new energy, providing data, analysis, insight and opinion to support you as you develop and implement them.
Recently published reports
Blockchain as an enabler of the new energy transition
Home Energy Management Business Models
State of the New Energy Market 2021 Report + database
Everything “As a service” : the future of new energy? Report + database
Company Case Studies
As part of our research, we regularly update our company profile library, identifying and analysing innovative business models in the energy sector – taking evidence from the market to inform corporate strategy. Companies researched so far include:
Green Mountain Power, Innowatio Gruppo, Reposit, SMAP Energy, Sonnen, Bidgely, iViTi AdrON, Next Kraftwerke, Nuvve, Orsted, REstore, Social Energy, Upside Energy, Moixa, Amber Electric, aWATTar, Dezera, EDP Redy, STROMDAO
FirstFuel, Fresh Energy, GreenPocket, Innowatts, ONZO, PowerZee, Comap (Qivivo), Tendril, BetterHome, Energiesprong
Climote, Sowee, Homix, NorthQ, Quby, Wondrwall, Howz, Netatmo, Smappee, Tibber, Comfy, Witricity
Flipper, June Energy, GreenSync, LO3, Lumenaza, Piclo (formerly Open Utility), Powerpeers, Amazon Home Services, Electricity Smart, Enervee, MyWave, Share&Charge (formerly Motionwerk), Smartklub
Energy as a Service
Thermondo, ME-Solshare, NorthStar Solar, LHouse (formerly RCG Lighthouse), Siemens, St1, THE FCTR E, Bundles, Centrica Business Solutions (formerly Ener-G), Connected Kerb, Gogoro, Sparkfund, We Drive Solar
Anglian Water, Orange Polska, Utility Warehouse, Totem Power, Beegy, HomeServe, Kiwigrid, Loxone, Tiko, Viessmann
The State of the New Energy Market Database
New Energy Business Models Database
- Provides a long list of over 350 new energy business models across Europe and beyond
- Gives details on the country, the customer target and on the how the business model works
- Uses our 6 business models pillars (time of use optimisation, marketplace operations, energy as a service, efficient consumption, lifestyle products, bundling) to categorise each business model