LCP Delta ‘The Company’ is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and current data protection legislation, and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently. This privacy notice sets out, in line with data protection obligations, the types of data that we collect and hold on you as a job applicant. It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data.
LCP Delta ‘The Company’ is the data controller meaning that it determines the processes to be used when using your personal data. If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at LCPdelta.firstname.lastname@example.org
In relation to your personal data, we will:
- process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear, transparent way
- collect your data only for reasons that we find proper for the course of your employment in ways that have been explained to you
- only use it in the way that we have told you about
- ensure it is correct and up to date
- keep your data for only as long as we need it
- process it in a way that ensures it will not be used for anything that you are not aware of or have consented to (as appropriate), lost or destroyed.
We hold many types of data about you, including:
- your personal details including your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number
- communications between you and us about your job application
- information you may voluntarily submit as part of any equal opportunities monitoring
- information included on your CV including references, education history, experience and employment history
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements
- documentation relating to your right to work in the UK or France
- formal identification, passport
We collect data about you in a variety of ways including the information you would normally include in a CV or a job application cover letter via our website application process, or notes made by our recruitment team during a recruitment interview or any interview exercises you may be asked to complete. Further information will be collected directly from you when you complete forms at the start of your employment, for example, your bank and next of kin details. Other details may be collected directly from you in the form of official documentation such as your passport or other right to work evidence.
The organisation will also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers.The organisation will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Personal data is kept in personnel files or within the Company’s HR and IT systems.
The law on data protection allows us to process your data for certain reasons only:
- in order to perform the employment contract that we are party to
- in order to carry out legally required duties
- in order for us to carry out our legitimate interests
- to protect your interests and
- where something is done in the public interest.
All of the processing carried out by us falls into one of the permitted reasons. Generally, we will rely on the first three reasons set out above to process your data.
- carrying out checks in relation to your right to work in the UK and
- making reasonable adjustments for disabled employees.
We also collect data so that we can carry out activities which are in the legitimate interests of LCP Delta. We have set these out below:
- making decisions about who to offer employment to
- making decisions about salary and other benefits
- assessing training needs
- dealing with legal claims made against us
If you are unsuccessful in obtaining employment, your data will not be used for any reason other than in the ways explaining in relation to the specific application you have made. In certain circumstances we will seek your consent to retaining your data in case other suitable job vacancies arise at LCP Delta which we think you may wish to apply. You are free to withhold your consent to this
One of the reasons for processing your data is to allow us to carry out an effective recruitment process. Whilst you are under no obligation to provide us with your data, we may not able to process, or continue with (as appropriate), your application.
Your data will be shared with colleagues within LCP Delta where it is necessary for them to undertake their duties with regards to recruitment. This includes, for example, the People department, those in the department where the vacancy is and who are responsible for screening your application and interviewing you.
In some cases, we will collect data about you from third parties, such as employment agencies.
Your data will be shared with third parties if you are successful in your job application. In these circumstances, we will share your data in order to obtain references as part of the recruitment process.
We do not share your data with bodies outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
The organisation takes the security of your data seriously. It has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
In line with data protection principles, we only keep your data for as long as we need it for and this will depend on whether or not you are successful in obtaining employment with us.
If your application is not successful/we have not sought consent or you have not provided consent upon our request to keep your data for the purpose of future suitable job vacancies, we will keep your data for 6-months once the recruitment exercise ends.
If we have sought your consent to keep your data on file for future job vacancies, and you have provided consent, we will keep your data for 12-months once the recruitment exercise ends. At the end of this period, we will delete or destroy your data, unless you have already withdraw your consent to our processing of your data in which case it will be deleted or destroyed upon your withdrawal of consent.
If your application is successful, your data will be kept and transferred to the systems we administer for employees. We have a separate privacy notice for employees, which will be provided to you.
Under the data protection legislation, you have certain rights in relation to the data we hold on you. These are:
- The right ot be informed – This means that we must tell you how we use your data, and this is the purpose of this privacy notice
- The right to access – to access the personal data LCP Delta holds on you, to do so you should make a subject access request;
- The right to rectification – to rectify inaccuracies in personal data and to complete incomplete personal data;
- The right to restrict processing – to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing of your personal data. For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct
- The right to erasure – If you would like us to stop processing your data, you have the right to ask us to delete it from our systems where you believe there is no reason for us to continue processing it
- The right to data portability – to transfer your personal data to another organisation or to you;
- The right to object – You have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it for our legitimate interests
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the unrestricted right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will stop processing the data that you had previously given us consent to use. There will be no consequences for withdrawing your consent. However, in some cases, we may continue to use the data where so permitted by having a legitimate reason for doing so.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights explained above, please contact LCPdelta.email@example.com
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions. You can learn more about the rights of data subjects here.
LCP Delta tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of LCP Delta’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
The supervisory authority in the UK for data protection matters is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). If you think your data protection rights have been breached in any way by us, you are able to make a complaint to the ICO.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
LCP Delta tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ or SAR under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to LCP Delta for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing to LCPdelta.firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address provided below.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need via email within one month. If you have made a number of requests or your request is complex, LCP Delta may require extra time to consider your request, you will be notified should extra time be required.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we may update it at any time. This privacy notice was last updated on 15th March 2022.
3 Lady Lawson Street
Phone Number: +44 (0)131 625 1011