Distribution Network Research
Enabling distribution network companies, regulators and electricity OEMs to make better decisions at the network level in the context of the energy transition
"The role of electricity and gas distribution networks is evolving fast as the energy transition gathers pace. As we move to a more distributed and electrified energy system, distribution networks are moving more and more into the spotlight.
Distribution networks have growing interfaces with customers and distributed assets, the transmission system, and even electricity markets.
Technical advances are unlocking a wave of new network services and solutions; all at a time when there are decreasing numbers of engineers in many countries."
Arthur Jouannic, Distribution Networks expert
- What are other DSOs doing across Europe and beyond, and what we can learn from them?
- What are the most promising innovations for networks in terms of hardware, software, platforms and data analytics?
- How are these innovations being trialled and scaled up?
- How can DSOs / DNOs best interface with customers and their increasingly distributed assets, while also managing the interface with the transmission system?
- How will the regulatory environment for networks evolve as the energy transition gathers pace?
Delta-EE's Distribution Network Service looks across Europe and beyond, identifying and investigating key issues, and synthesising best practice for the role that network companies can and need to play in the energy transition.