Last year, Delta-ee’s Heat Insight Service established its first Customer Panel – a representative sample of up to 1,000 private homeowners. The aim was to provide answers to the questions that heating manufacturers, energy suppliers and policy makers have for their customers. This helps them to improve engagement and understand their target market in more detail.
This first series of surveys covered all aspects of heating-related questions, from 'What do you like about your heating?', to 'What do you do when it stops working?'. Our data includes responses from homes heated by gas, oil, electricity and renewables, and explores the relationships what the respondents have with their heating and energy suppliers.
Key topics covered throughout the last Panel were:
- Problem zones: how some homeowners struggle to heat their homes
- Concept testing a comfort tariff
- Fuel switching
- Supplier switching
- Remote diagnostics
We have pulled together some of the key findings in the infographic below (click on the image to expand).
We are running our Customer Panel again in 2017/18, again with a panel of 1,000 respondents. Some of our focus topics so far are:
- Benchmarking attitudes to heat (allowing comparison with the previous year)
- Gas boiler brand awareness and loyalty
- Concept testing of demand side response schemes with electric heating
- Pain points in oil boiler ownership
- Experiences of buying and using renewable heating systems.
What other questions should we ask? If you are interested to find out more or want to tell us what you want to know about your customers, please contact Felicity Tolley or Jaryn Bradford.