The Delta-EE New Energy Summit 2020
We are sorry to announce our New Energy Summit has been cancelled this year due to the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19. We hope all our clients and colleagues are keeping safe during this time and we look forward to welcoming you back to another event in the future.
The New Energy Summit
Strategies, business model and customer propositions for the energy transition
Following the success of 2019's sold out New Energy Summit, we are back for another year with the biggest Delta-EE event yet. Bringing together delegates from across our research areas, the event provides incredible opportunities for networking, gaining insight, learning and discussion.
Register your interest in the event via the link below. Once your registration has been approved, we'll be in touch with further details.
The Networking Dinner
Our Networking Dinners are always popular, allowing guests the opportunity to get to know each other (and discuss all things new energy!) in a relaxed and informal environment.
This year's dinner will take place at the Restaurante Lindenbräu en Potsdamer Platz. Places are limited so make sure you register your interest as soon as possible.
The programme will be updated in due course. An outline is provided below.
The energy transition in the home
- Home Energy Management (HEM) use cases including electric vehicles (EVs)
- New products and services
- Trends in home connectivity
Optimising the distributed energy system
- Evolution of demand side flexibility (DSF) markets in Europe
- Business strategies to the commercial and industrial (C&I) DSF market
- B2B and B2C customer adoption of DSF
The future of gas and hydrogen
- Is hydrogen for real?
- Where will hydrogen be used? Where best?
- If it will be used for heating / impact on the heat market
Heat based business models
- Status and outlook for Heat as a Service (HaaS)
- What innovations are proving successful?
- Which market players could take the biggest share of the Heat as a Service cake?
E-mobility meets everyone
- EV Charging - public vs fleet vs Charging as a Service (CaaS) vs what else?
- Business model diversification into the electricity and infrastructure market
- Vehicle as a Service (VaaS) and bundling - The SME approach
The localisation of energy systems
- What is the point of local energy?
- Community business models; how communities are responding to partnership opportunities
- What are the opportunities in local energy?
Since our 2019 New Energy Summit, the pressure to accelerate the energy transition has intensified even further. Decarbonisation of electricity generation through renewables continues apace, policy and industry focus rapidly shifts to the decarbonisation of heat and transport, and we are approaching a potentially fundamental reshaping of how energy networks should operate.
Opening CEO Keynote
Where are we in the energy transition? Delta-EE perspectives
Making money in the energy transition - corporate and investor perspectives
Innovators session - experience from the front line of new energy
Ingredients for success with customers - what do customers want?
Closing keynote: What does it take to create compelling customer propositions?